Saturday, July 25, 2009

Don't Forget To Nurture Those Friendships . . . . .


So, while I'm BIG on connecting with others, I woke up yesterday morning feeling terrible that I have not connected with one of my dearest friends in MONTHS. Yes, we'll chat on Facebook once in a while, and it allows us to check each other's pulses here and there, BUT, she lives 15 minutes away, and even though I've been extremely busy with "work stuff" . . .I'm technically "off" for the summer, there is no excuse!  I was determined to make her a priority yesterday and I am SO glad that I did.  We had a wonderful lunch, and spent some time walking by the river with her beautiful baby boy. We even talked a little about this blog, and how it made her really reflect on her own human connections. It was time well spent, AND, I still got my "work stuff" done, too. 
I share this with you because I want to remind you not to forget to nurture those special friendships. We all get busy, and caught up in the daily grind . . . . . . I challenge each of you to take some time this week to nurture a connection that you may have neglected lately . . . .may it brighten your day and someone else's, too!  

T

No comments:

Post a Comment